Saturday, August 28, 2010

With Freedom and Confidence

Some of my friends and family have suggested that I start a Blog.  There are times that I get so excited about something I have learned, or inspired by spiritually, that I have to share it.  Also, there are times that I feel very convicted to express viewpoints concerning our country and it's direction.  Either way, when inspired, it's a wonderful thing that we have a voice to spread our joy and convictions!

My Blog is called Freedom and Confidence.  It comes from Ephesians 3:12.  I believe, with all my heart, that we can live in complete freedom, so that we may fully realize all we are meant to be from the beginning of time.  God has created us all as individuals and there was never a you, or me, before us, and there never will be after us....we are it!  It's exciting to realize that we are that special to our Lord.  So, the first post simply explains how much we are loved by our Lord, which is the beginning of Freedom and Confidence.



Everyone wants the same thing ~
to be totally known for who we really are, faults and all,
and then
to
still be loved! 

Psalm 139 in the Bible describes this very knowledge and love concerning every one of us:

All we think and do is important to God.
O Lord, You have searched me and You know me, You know when I sit and when I rise,
You perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue You know it completely, O Lord, (v. 1-4).
 
He took great care in creating us.
For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb, I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body, (v.13-15).

And He never quits thinking about us!
How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!  How vast is the sum of them!  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.  When I awake, I am still with You, (v. 17,18).

God knows it ALL and still loves us.  There are no conditions.  He knows we sin, we stumble and sometimes we fall, and yet He is always waiting to pick us up.  We simply need to call on Him.  He won't force us to come to Him, and He also doesn't wait until we are good enough either. 
Romans 5:7,8 says: Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.  But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were sinners, Christ died for us.  Jesus sees us just as we are and says:  "Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me," (3:20).

Because of this great, unconditional love, each and everyone of us may approach God with freedom and confidence, (Ephesians 3:12).  Jesus simply stands at the door, knowing everything about us and hopes we will receive His love and open the door.

In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Ephesians 3:12



   
  
  






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lynne! You are a wonderful, passionate writer. So glad to see you've started your own blog. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I love you, you are a great inspiration to me and I believe all who comes into you life. I shared your site with my cousin, to whom I pass along a lot of you emails. Her name is Grace Canini and she also loves what you have to say. Glad you started this blog. You are a great wittness for our Lord.
    You Sister in Chris...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so very much for the encouraging words. I feel so encouraged!

    ReplyDelete