Monday, October 4, 2010

America's Healing

So many are calling for collective prayer that our nation may be healed - but we are a nation of individuals.  God created us to have individual, uninterrupted relationships with each one of us.  So, to pray for our nation's healing, we must be open to personal healing as well.  For we cannot expect God to heal America, if we Americans will not allow Him to heal us. Therefore, let us come before God with open and honest hearts, and begin to pray for our nation with this:

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting,
(Psalm 139:23,24).

And with this, let us seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well, (Matthew 6:33).

God has richly blessed America to be a nation where we have the absolute freedom to know and enjoy Him.  So, let us each humble ourselves, that God may lift up America to truly be One Nation Under HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment