Monday, December 6, 2010

Search Me, Oh God


I know most of us have read the following verse many times:
".....if My people who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14
It doesn't matter who is named as leader of a country, it matters what the country's people are doing.  God promises to heal the land of those who come to Him and honor Him.  Throughout the Old Testament, God reordered entire nations in a moment when people would honestly repent and come before Him. 
It all starts with each one of us:
"Search me, O God, and know My heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23,24
God relates to each and every one of us individually, therefore, as we come before Him, honestly seeking Him, for His sake, we will be filled with His power and joy that HE may accomplish His will on earth through us.

God bless us, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment